{} } Eye-Able Logo
Zum Inhalt springen


A last-minute strike by Johannes Flum gave St. Pauli a hard-fought yet deserved 1-0 win over FC Heidenheim in front of another sell-out crowd at the Millerntor on Saturday afternoon. The Boys in Brown dominated the second half and forced a string of corners, the last of which produced the last-gasp winner that sent the fans into raptures.

Head coach Olaf Janßen made just one change to the side that lost at Darmstadt last time out, winger Cenk Sahin coming in for Mats Møller Dæhli. The 29,546 spectators at the Millerntor included the homeless national teams of Germany and Switzerland at the invitation of St. Pauli.

The Boys in Brown went into the game in the knowledge that they were up against a highly disciplined side in FC Heidenheim. And the visitors didn't disappoint, pressing early as a unit to stifle St. Pauli's build-up play. Janßen's men had decent chances to break in the opening stages, but frequently lacked punch and precision in the final third. They were solid at the back, however, ensuring goalscoring opportunities remained a rarity.

After a cautious opening the first sniff of goal arrived on 27 minutes. Unable to find a way into the penalty box, both sides resorted to attempts from distance. Heidenheim were the first to take the plunge when Arne Feick unleashed a shot from the left-hand edge of the box that missed the far post by a whisker. At the other end right-back Jeremy Dudziak played a one-two with Sahin two minutes later and curled an effort just over the crossbar. It was to prove the last action worthy of note, and after a half dominated by tactics the two sides deservedly went in level at the break.

Janßen changed his system at half-time, withdrawing his second striker in Sami Allagui in favour of Mats Møller Dæhli with the intention of gaining more control in midfield. The idea seemed to work and the Boys in Brown dominated the early possession. The visitors continued to keep things tight at the back, however, and corners were all Janßen's side had to show for their efforts. Yet it was in this spell of pressure that Heidenheim carved out their best chance of the game when the unmarked Nikola Dovedan drove a low shot just wide from 12 metres.

With the Boys in Brown pushing forward in search of the opening goal, they had to remain careful not to get caught on the break. Up front, they were still unable to find a way into the penalty box, and a series of long-range efforts was the result.

On 63 minutes Mathias Wittek blocked a shot from substitute Johannes Flum on the edge of the goal area, and 15 minutes later Müller tipped a Buchtmann effort over the bar for a corner. The best chance for the Boys in Brown arrived on 84 when Aziz Bouhaddouz headed a Møller Dæhli cross over the top. Urged forward by the fans, the lads continued to press and eventually struck with the last kick of the game. Heidenheim were unable to clear their lines from a corner and Flum was on hand to prod the ball over the line from close range. A crazy finish to the game! 




FC St. Pauli

Himmelmann - Dudziak, Hornschuh, Avevor, Buballa - Sobota, Nehrig (Flum 62'), Buchtmann, Sahin – Allagui (Møller Dæhli 46'), Bouhaddouz

Head coach: Olaf Janßen


FC Heidenheim

Müller - Busch, Wittek, Beermann, Feick (Pusch 75') - Schnatterer, Griesbeck, Titsch-Rivero (Theuerkauf 65'), Dovedan, Skarke (Halloran 83') - Verhoek

Head coach: Frank Schmidt


Goals: 1-0 Flum (90'+2)

Yellow cards: Feick, Dovedan, Pusch

Referee: Thorben Siewer (Olpe)

Attendance: 29,546 (sold out)


Photos: Witters