{} } Eye-Able Logo
Zum Inhalt springen


FC St. Pauli claimed all three points on Saturday afternoon, beating FC Ingolstadt by the only goal in front of another sell-out crowd at the Millerntor. Alex Meier struck the winner in the 54th minute of the game.

Head coach Markus Kauczinski made three changes to the side that lost 2-1 against Erzgebirge Aue last week. Florian Carstens made way for Justin Hoogma, while Christopher Buchtmann moved up front to partner Alex Meier in of place Sami Allagui, who missed out due to illness. Ersin Zehir slotted into the place vacated by Buchti in holding midfield, and Waldemar Sobota came in for Ryo Miyaichi. Ingolstadt coach Jens Keller made one change after the 2-1 home win over Bochum, Mergim Mavraj returning to the starting lineup in place of Benedikt Gimber.

Both teams began brightly, and the visitors demonstrated their intent from the off by constantly attempting to push the Boys in Brown back into their own half. Robin Himmelmann faced his first serious test in the ninth minute, diving low to his right to turn a Paulo Otavio effort round the post for a corner, which came to nothing. The opening quarter of an hour was an open affair, but there was little creative attacking play on show. More pressure was needed, and Himmelmann had to urge his teammates to get forward before knocking the ball upfield. Sobota picked it up, but again ran into a brick wall at the other end.

Moments later the visitors launched a quick counterattack that was stopped by an acrobatic clearance from Marvin Knoll. The majority of the action unfolded down the right after that, with Mats Møller Dæhli being released repeatedly. In the 31st minute the Norwegian dribbled his way to the byeline and tested Philipp Tschauner for the first time with a low cross into the danger area. The former FCSP keeper was equal to the challenge, however, gathering the ball with aplomb. Buballa then collected a neat pass from Buchtmann and tried his luck with a speculative effort that flew past the angle. Kauczinski's side were in the ascendancy now and increasingly gained control of the ball and their opponents. Two free-kicks within striking distance offered further chances for the Boys in Brown, but the Ingolstadt defence were alert to the danger on both occasions.

The best opportunity of the half arrived just before the interval when Sobota picked out Alex Meier with a cross from the left. Tschauner was perfectly placed to field the header, however, ensuring a half that was played to a high tactical standard ended goalless.

Goalscorer Alex Meier under challenge from Ingolstadt's Jonatan Kotzke

Goalscorer Alex Meier under challenge from Ingolstadt's Jonatan Kotzke

Both teams emerged unchanged for the second period. The first decent opportunity resulted from a corner in the 52nd minute that caused momentary confusion in the Ingolstadt box until Tschauner was able to smother the ball. Two minutes later, however, the stalemate was broken. Knoll sent Buballa on his way with a quickly taken free-kick and his low ball in from the left found the ideal taker in the shape of Alex Meier, who pulled the trigger from ten metres to give his side the lead.

The goal ushered in a period of dominance for the Boys in Brown that was marred only by a fifth booking for Buchtmann that will keep him out of next week's trip to Paderborn. Not until the 72nd minute did Sonny Kittel shake his side out of their temporary slumber, bending a dangerous effort just over the crossbar from the edge of the area.

Ingolstadt threw everything at it in the closing stages and introduced a third striker in Stefan Kutschke. The change almost brought the desired effect in the 82nd minute when the visitors fashioned their last big chance through a Krauße header that came down on top of the net. The referee added four minutes of stoppage time and there was no shortage of action. Röcher received his second booking of the game for a handball and was given his marching orders, and then a catastrophic mistake by the Ingolstadt defence left Schneider with an open goal. His effort from distance missed the target by a whisker, but it would prove of no consequence as moments later the referee blew the final whistle to put the seal on a 1-0 home win.

FC St. Pauli

Himmelmann – Zander, Hoogma, Avevor, Buballa – Zehir (Carstens 81'), Knoll – Møller Dæhli (Miyaichi 85'), Buchtmann (Schneider 74'), Sobota – Alex Meier

Head coach: Markus Kauczinski


FC Ingolstadt

Tschauner – Paulsen, Kotzke, Mavraj, Otavio – Kerschbaumer (Kutschke 77'), Krauße, Träsch – Pledl (Sahin 67'), Lezcano, Kittel (Röcher 71')

Head coach: Jens Keller


Goal: 1-0 Alex Meier (54')

Yellow cards: Knoll, Buchtmann, Buballa, Sobota – Röcher, Sahin

Red card (two yellows): Röcher

Referee: René Rohde

Attendance: 29,546 (sold out)


Photos: Witters


Anzeige Traumpass fürs Agentur-Hosting - Mittwlad proSpace. Kostenlos testen!