{} }
Zum Inhalt springen


A day before setting off for a ten-day training camp FC St. Pauli secured a 2-1 win over VfB Oldenburg in Varel on Saturday. In front of 2,500 spectators Bernd Nehrig opened the scoring from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time. Tshomba Luvumbu Oliveira equalised for the fourth-tier outfit on 55 before Under-23 player Marcell Sobotta gave the Boys in Brown their fourth win in four warm-up games right at the end.

The match kicked off 30 minutes later than scheduled, and on a less than perfect playing surface Bernd Nehrig made his first appearance since tearing an ankle ligament. Head coach Olaf Janssen opted for a back three and a five-man midfield, with Jan-Marc Schneider partnering Under-23 striker Sirlord Conteh up front.

Janssen's side created the first opportunity nine minutes in when Schneider capitalised on a lost ball to feed Kyoungrok Choi, who in turn found the unmarked Richard Neudecker. His effort was saved by VfB keeper Hrvoje Bukowski, however. Schneider had a golden opportunity himself a quarter of an hour later. Choi did well to force his way down the left and showed excellent vision to find the striker, who hammered his shot over the crossbar.

Oldenburg had their first genuine chance seven minutes later. Ibrahim Temin burst clear down the left but his shot from the edge of the box flew a metre wide of the left-hand upright. Three minutes before the interval Alexander Lüttmers narrowly missed the target but otherwise Svend Brodersen had very little to do in the St. Pauli goal. And on the stroke of half-time the Boys in Brown took the lead. Sirlord Conteh was brought down in the box and Nehrig stepped up to convert the resulting penalty with aplomb.

Janssen made one change at the break, introducing Under-23 striker Irwin Pfeiffer for Seung-Won Lee. With ten minutes of the second half played Oldenburg found an equaliser following an attack down the right-hand side. Early substitute Tshomba Luvumbu Oliveira was left space to get a shot off, and his pinpoint low drive left Brodersen no chance. The fourth-tier side then had their best spell of the game. Lüttmers hit the outside of the post on 58 and three minutes later Brodersen was called upon to defuse a well-taken free-kick from Dino Fazlic. More substitutions were to follow, Christopher Avevor and Under-23 player Lennart Kessner replacing Nehrig and Marc Hornschuh.

Janssen's charges increasingly gained a grip on the proceedings but had to wait another ten minutes for their next big chance. Following a Maurice Litka though ball Schneider pulled the trigger in the box, only to see the ball fly wide of the goal. With a quarter of an hour left Janssen made his last two substitutions, Under-23 men Florian Carstens and Marcell Sobotta coming on for Conteh and Brian Koglin. Three minutes later Neudecker curled a free-kick over the wall, but Fabian Klinkmann had it covered and gathered cleanly.

That wasn't to be the last action of note, however, as the Boys in Brown finally produced a winner in time added on. Sobotta was allowed space in the box and steered a shot past Klinkmann to give his side a 2-1 win, their fourth in four warm-up matches.


VfB Oldenburg

Bukowski (Klinkmann 46') – Lingerski (Lück 62'), Lach (Meunier 75'), Saglam, Franziskus (Oliveira 14'), Richter (Azong 70'), Tönnies, Temin, Fazlic (Tjardes 62'), Lüttmers (Erdogan 62'), Bastürk

Head coach: Dietmar Hirsch

FC St. Pauli

Brodersen – Hornschuh (62' Kessner), Koglin (76' Carstens), Park – Litka, Nehrig (62' Avevor), Neudecker – Lee (46. Pfeiffer), Choi – Schneider, Conteh (76' Sobotta)

Head coach: Olaf Janssen


Goals: 0-1 Nehrig (pen. 45'), 1-1 Tshomba Luvumbu Oliveira (55'), 1-2 Sobotta (90'+1)

Attendance: approx. 2,500


Photos: FC St. Pauli

Under Armour
Under Armour