SAHIN SIGNS FOUR-YEAR DEAL
Sunday, 21. May 2017, 13:42 Uhr
St. Pauli have signed Cenk Sahin on a permanent deal after the managing board, supervisory board and management agreed to exercise the club's option to buy the attacking midfielder during the week. Sahin has put pen to paper on a deal tying him to the club until 30 June 2021.
"This decision was the logical conclusion in light of Cenk's performances over the last year," said director of sport Andreas Rettig. "Cenk has settled into the team very well and made a good contribution here. Though the magnitude of the transfer is not an everyday occurrence for FC St. Pauli, we have observed the principle of commercial prudence in taking this decision."
Sahin said: "I'm delighted to be able to continue playing for St. Pauli. I feel at home in the city and at the club and want to play a part in ensuring we remain successful."
The 22-year-old has scored four goals in 27 appearances this season and made another six.