{} } Eye-Able Logo
Zum Inhalt springen


FC St. Pauli slipped to a second 4-0 defeat in a week at SV Sandhausen on Saturday afternoon. Andrew Wooten and Philipp Förster gave the home side a 2-0 lead at the break before Fabian Schleusener and Förster doubled their advantage early in the second half.

Head coach Markus Kauczinski made four changes his starting lineup, Luca Zander, Jeremy Dudziak, Mats Møller Dæhli and debutant Kevin Lankford coming in for Jan-Philipp Kalla (calf), Ryo Miyaichi (bench), Richard Neudecker and Sami Allagui (not selected).

The game kicked off in changeable weather and Sandhausen fashioned the first opportunity in the sixth minute, Leart Paqarada trying his luck from 25 metres following a corner. His effort was blocked, but the next attempt from range by Denis Linsmayer found its way into the bottom corner. The 3,5000 travelling fans breathed a sigh of relief, however, when Sven Waschitzki ruled the goal out for offside.

There was little goalmouth action in the ensuing period, with some wayward passing by both sides ensuring there was no way through the opposing rearguard. Tactics dominated the play, and the tackles flew in. As such, it took until the 31st minute for another murmur of anticipation to ring round the ground. Dudziak lost possession in his own half, allowing Rurik Gislason to pull the trigger from 20 metres. His effort posed no problem for Robin Himmelmann, though, who dived low to his right to gather.

There was nothing the acting captain could do two minutes later, however. Dennis Diekmeier picked out Andrew Wooten with a cross, and his header sneaked in by the left-hand upright. Sandhausen had the momentum on their side and Linsmayer fired wide from the edge of the area 60 seconds later. Christopher Buchtmann and Marvin Knoll then tried their luck at the other end. Buchtmann's shot was blocked, while Knoll's effort sailed over the crossbar.

Two minutes before the interval, Philipp Förster proved more effective for Sandhausen. Gislason broke quickly when a St. Pauli corner was cleared and sent Förster on his way, and he rifled a low shot past Himmelmann and into the net with the help of the far post. It could have been worse moments later when a neat move by the hosts ended with Förster arrowing a shot just past the far post. The Boys in Brown could count themselves fortunate to go in at the break just two goals down.

Marvin Knoll challenges for the ball with Sandhausen's Markus Karl.

Marvin Knoll challenges for the ball with Sandhausen's Markus Karl.

Both teams emerged unchanged after the break. The onus was on the Boys in Brown to step up a gear if they were to come away with something, but they were stopped in their tracks just 20 seconds into the half when Fabian Schleusener headed a Diekmeier cross past Himmelmann to make it 3-0. And it was to get even worse, as just three minutes later Förster added a fourth. Markus Kauczinski reacted with a double change, introducing Johannes Flum and Dimitrios Diamantakos for Dudziak and Alex Meier.

Flum was in the action almost immediately, forcing Marcel Schuhen to turn his distance effort round the post for a corner. Just three minutes later Diamantakos could have pulled one back, but his shot after a neat turn flew straight at Schuhen. Soon after, the Sandhausen keeper defused another attempt from Buchtmann.

With the cushion of a comfortable lead, Sandhausen sat back and allowed the Boys in Brown to come at them. Some lovely link-up play by Møller Dæhli and the advancing Zander ended with the latter dinking the ball over Schuhen, only for Gislason to clear the ball off the line. Substitute Kevin Behrens hit a shot on the turn into the side netting on 78. It was to prove the last effort of note, and the game ended in another bitterly disappointing 4-0 defeat.

SV Sandhausen

Schuhen – Diekmeier, Verlaat, Zhirov, Paqarada – Förster (Müller 87'), Karl, Linsmayer (Behrens 74') – Gislason, Wooten, Schleusener (Zenga 68')

Head coach: Uwe Koschinat


FC St. Pauli

Himmelmann – Zander, Avevor, Hoogma, Buballa – Knoll, Dudziak (Flum 52') – Lankford (Miyaichi 84'), Buchtmann, Møller Dæhli – Alex Meier (Diamantakos 52')

Head coach: Markus Kauczinski


Goals: 1-0 Wooten (34'), 2-0 Förster (43'), 3-0 Schleusener (46'), 4-0 Förster (49')

Yellow cards: Förster – Buchtmann

Referee: Sven Waschitzki

Attendance: 10,657


Photos: Witters



Under Armour
Under Armour