{} } Eye-Able Logo
Zum Inhalt springen


The Boys in Brown were in fine form in the final warm-up game before the start of the second division season on Saturday afternoon, overcoming cooperation partners Stoke City 2-0 in front of 15,311 spectators at the Millerntor. Mats Møller-Dæhli and Jan-Marc Schneider got the goals in the second half. 

As on many occasions in pre-season, head coach Markus Kauczinski opted for a 4-1-4-1 system. The visitors lined up in the same formation in a side containing a host of international players. Kauczinski's side announced their intentions with just a few seconds played, Luca Zander finding lone striker Sami Allagui, who pulled his shot off target from 15 metres. At the other end, old and new No1 Robin Himmelmann excelled in turning a powerful hit from Saido Berahino out for a corner. Otherwise, both sides kept things tight and chances remained a rarity in the opening stages.

Consequently, whenever a side did threaten it was from long range. On his Millerntor debut Marvin Knoll produced a brilliant stop from Jack Butland, who got down smartly to push the ball round the post for a corner. Himmelmann showed his quality again on 34 by defusing a Thomas Ince free-kick that skidded across the wet turf. The best chance of the half fell to the Boys in Brown, however, three minutes later. Collecting the ball on the edge of the area, Mats Møller- Dæhli turned on a sixpence and went for goal, only to be denied by another Butland save.

Sporting their new away kit, Kauczinski's charges made the better start to the second half and gradually assumed control of the proceedings. With 53 minutes gone, Christopher Buchtmann pressed the visiting defence to win possession on the edge of the penalty box. The ball fell to Allagui, who couldn't find a way past Butland. Allagui then turned provider with rather more success, setting up Møller-Dæhli to beat the Stoke keeper with a calm side-foot finish and give his side a well-earned lead.

The visitors pushed forward in search of a reply but were unable to find a way through a solid St. Pauli rearguard. It was a different story at the other end, Cenk Sahin producing a fine pass on 79 to pick out Richard Neudecker, who smashed a shot against the outside of the near post. A second goal did follow 60 seconds later, however. Neudecker knocked a quick corner to Jeremy Dudziak, who whipped in a cross for Jan-Marc Schneider to hook the ball over the line from close range, the final act in a successful dress rehearsal.


FC St. Pauli

Himmelmann – Zander (Carstens 74'), Ziereis, Avevor, Buballa – Knoll (Nehrig 71') – Sobota (Sahin 71'), Flum (Miyaichi 87'), Buchtmann (Dudziak 71'), Møller-Dæhli (Neudecker 74') – Allagui (Schneider 71')

Head coach: Markus Kauczinski


Stoke City FC

Butland – Bauer, Shawcross, Martins Indi, Edwards – Fletcher (Adam 74') – Ince (Imbula 74'), Etebo, Allen (Crouch 74'), McClean (Choupo-Moting 74') – Berahino (Diouf 46')

Manager: Gary Rowett


Goals: 1-0 Møller- Dæhli (60'), 2-0 Schneider (80')

Yellow cards: Shawcross

Referee: Sven Jablonski

Attendance: 15,311


Photos: Witters